This policy statement is made in accordance with the rules and regulations set in Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of HKSAR.
We pledge to comply with the obligations and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). Our staff shall respect the confidentiality of all personal data collected and/or stored and/or used by our Company and endeavor to protect all the personal data of customers.
Personal Data Collection and Use
For the purpose of provision of mortgage referral service by our Company and arrange free property valuation, mortgage pre-approval and express mortgage service for the customers, personal data of the customers will be collected upon:
- signing a mortgage referral form;
- filling in the online mortgage referral application form of our Company;
- contacting our Company for enquiry;d. participating in marketing and promotion activities, competitions, prize lucky draws launch by our Company.
- participating in marketing and promotion activities, competitions, prize lucky draws launch by our Company.
Failure to supply such personal data may result in our Company being unable to provide mortgage referral service. Consent will be obtained from data subjects for the use of personal data for a new purpose other than Mortgage Referral and relevant services.
Types of Personal Data
The Personal Data which may be collected and held by our Company from time to time include but not limited to the following:
- the name of customers (both Chinese and English);
- a copy of customer’s identity card or passport, visa types and numbers for identity verification:
- telephone number, email and/or correspondence address;
- mortgage property address;
- completion date of mortgage property (applicable to new mortgage);
- other information of mortgage property, includes transaction price, area, age of property, LTV ratio, loan tenor, loan type and category of property market.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data is only retained (i) to comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements or contractual obligations when necessary; or (ii) to investigate, investigate, and prosecute crimes; or (iii) or to continue to use with your express consent, the company will only limit it to its Retain personal information for as long as the relevant information is needed. According to the Article 51C of the “Inland Revenue Regulations”, the records of transaction and relevant customers information shall be retained for not less than 7 years, after that all the personal data of customers shall be destroyed.
Security of Personal Data
Our electronic security system is designed on the account of the Ordinance’s requirements and all personal information of customers will be maintained securely in our system.
All personal data of customers will be restricted for access by our staff who need to contact and/or provide service to the customers or in reasonable need.
Use of Personal Data
We may use and analyze the data of customers for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- verifying the identity of customers and mortgage property address;
- handling the mortgage referral application by the customers;
- providing and following up the services for customers;
- keeping record for reference;
- marketing and promoting of any of our services;
- assisting our Company to prevent fraud and crime;
- contacting the customers whenever necessary;
- disclosure as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure and Distribution of Personal Data
All personal data held by our Company will be kept confidential but we may disclose the data of customers to the following parties:
- affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies of Ricacorp Properties Limited and Centaline Group;
- banks or financial institutions;
- other services providers;
- law-enforcement organizations, government departments, courts, and/or other regulatory institutions;
- professional consultants (including lawyers and auditors)
The personal data disclosed to the third party by our company is only necessary but not excessive. We will remind the third party about the use of the personal data and its responsibilities.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
- In accordance with the Ordinance and save from the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, customers have the right to:
- check whether we keep any personal data of you and request for a copy of the data;
- require our Company to correct any inaccurate personal data of you;
- access our policies and practices regarding personal data and be informed of the kinds of personal data held by our Company.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing of data access request;
- Customers, the data owner, may acquire to access and/ or to correct the personal data by written to us. After received the request, we will check the identity of the requester by phone to ensure that he/she is the person legally entitled to access or correct the personal data, and then we will access or update the data through the system, the process takes time about one week. (If we fail to reply to the customer within one week, an independent dedicated staff will first brief the customer on the follow-up case, estimated the time required and reply to customer as soon as possible),
Request on data access and/or data correct regarding the personal data, or any enquiry on the kinds of data held by us may address or fax to the follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Ricacorp Mortgage Agency Limited
7/F., Greenwich Centre, 260 King’s Road, North Point. Hong Kong
Fax: 2117 1795
Our Company intends to use the name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and correspondence address of customers for direct marketing of mortgage referral service but we cannot so use the personal data without consent of customers.
If a customer does not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from our Company with respect to the mortgage referral service, please contact our Service Hotline 2836 6121 or by post to the above address or by fax: 2117 1795 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.